Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
Gleeson Homes are looking for a Quantity Surveyor Apprentice to assist the Regional Quantity Surveyor with the financial responsibility for specific developments within their region. Throughout your 2 years of training you will be exposed to all aspects of the construction process of our new homes from conception through to completion.
To assist the Regional Quantity Surveyor in their daily role and responsibilities, whilst being trained and supported in areas such as the following but not limited to:
- To assist the Regional Quantity Surveyor to ensure that all contracts are run in line with budgetary and specification requirements.
- Preparation and issue of subcontract enquiries. Procurement of quotes, carrying out analysis and negotiation of rates. Communication to include feedback of tender information to subcontractors.
- Assisting the Regional Quantity Surveyor with site visits to carry out progress reports and check on measure.
- Supporting with cost coding of both subcontract and materials information and assisting with negotiations with subcontractors concerning day works, variations, etc.
- Distribution of drawings, schedules and general information to subcontractors.
- Measurement of quantities to aid budgetary compilation using computer software.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a minimum Grade C GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Computer literate, ideally with experience of Microsoft Excel
- Relevant training provided
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration