Gleeson Homes are looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to support our continued growth by maximising profits through effective management of the supply chain in accordance with the commercial procedures.
- To ensure that all materials are bought in line with budgetary requirements
- Placing all relevant orders in line with authorised build release information and within time parameters and programmes, ensuring full accordance with relevant drawings, specifications, site conditions, etc.
- Monitoring of material budgets in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor
- Measuring the performance of suppliers with regard to cost, quality and delivery. Considering all site comments in the process
- Attending periodic meetings to discuss company and regional buying policy, to improve on value for money, efficiency and site wastage.
- To comply with all company commercial procedures.
- Responsible for inputting data for budgets and monitoring costs as required.
- Deal with all matters relating to materials as instructions are circulated.
- Monitor and report monthly all movement on product prices.
- Notify all sites of changes in delivery lead in times.
- Assist the Accounts Department with all invoice and account queries.
- Administer site call off materials, and place respective orders.
- To comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Routine site visits for stock take and commercial audits.
- To carry out ad-hoc reconciliations of specific materials on site.
The Ideal Candidate
- Buying/procurement experience, ideally gained in house building/construction industry
- Good knowledge of market rates
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Scheduling and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and develop with the business
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.