Gleeson are looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to support our continued growth by maximising profits through effective management of the supply chain in accordance with the commercial procedures.
- To ensure that all materials are bought in line with budgetary requirements
- Placing all relevant orders in line with authorised build release information and within time parameters and programmes, ensuring full accordance with relevant drawings, specifications, site conditions, etc.
- Monitoring of material budgets in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor
- Measuring the performance of suppliers with regard to cost, quality and delivery. Considering all site comments in the process
- Attending periodic meetings to discuss company and regional buying policy, to improve on value for money, efficiency and site wastage.
- To comply with all company commercial procedures.
- Responsible for inputting data for budgets and monitoring costs as required.
- Deal with all matters relating to materials as instructions are circulated.
- Monitor and report monthly all movement on product prices.
- Notify all sites of changes in delivery lead in times.
- Assist the Accounts Department with all invoice and account queries.
- Administer site call off materials, and place respective orders.
- To comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Routine site visits for stock take and commercial audits.
- To carry out ad-hoc reconciliations of specific materials on site.
The Ideal Candidate
- Buying/procurement experience, ideally gained in house building/construction industry
- Good knowledge of market rates
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Scheduling and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and develop with the business
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.