Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Due to current events we are creating a database of experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyors ready to recruit for this vacancy when business is back to normal. Please apply with your CV and we shall place your application on file ready to contact you in the near future.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will assist in the reporting of the financial status of our new build housing developments spread across the North of England via the valuation process.
- To assist the Regional Quantity Surveyor to ensure that all contracts are run in line with budgetary and specification requirements
- Preparation and issue of subcontract enquiries
- Tender analysis for issue to Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Site specific Take Off’s for use in site budget
- Placing orders following instruction from the Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Visit sites at the request of the Regional Quantity Surveyor to carry out progress reports and check on measure
- Produce notification and intention to withhold payment letters as directed by Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Cost coding of both sub-contract and materials information
- Negotiations with sub-contractors concerning day works, variations, etc
- Assisting in the costing of all variations
- Distribution of drawings, schedules and general information to Sub-Contractors
- Assisting in the monitoring of all potential claims, general price increases, and day works
- Requesting and chasing subcontractor pre-qualification information
- Preparation of contra charges as directed by the Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Any other duties as directed by Regional Quantity Surveyor
To ensure all the above is completed strictly in accordance to the timetable and that key dates are all met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work in isolation, but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Excellent IT skills, especially Mircrosoft Excel
- Knowledge of house building industry
- Looking to progress your career
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.