Assistant Site Manager - Bury
Due to further expansion we are now looking for an Assistant Site Manager to support the Site Manager in the progression, quality and innovation of Gleeson Homes. This requires the co-ordination of all information to allow the development to run through from initial conception to full completion. Endeavouring to ensure that all properties are completed within the site programme & budget, whilst adhering to safe construction processes, NHBC and building regulations at all times.
Working in conjunction with the Site Manager responsibilities will include:-
- Understand the company’s Health & Safety policy and ensure that it is implemented by all staff under their control.
- Understand the Health & Safety requirements relating to operations under their control and ensure they are fully and correctly implemented, in accordance with the appropriate risk assessments and / or method statements.
- Pre-plan operations in conjunction with the Build Manager and Site Manager to co-ordinate Health & Safety taking into account any special hazards or problems involved.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety plan is monitored and kept up to date.
- Ensure that adequate welfare facilities are established on site from the commencement to the completion of the contract.
- Control over both site staff and sub-contractors, whilst liaising between head office and local authority departments.
- Actively encourage a philosophy of safety, progress, quality and innovation.
- Monitor the reports produced by the Area Health & Safety officers to ensure that the recommendations they contain are implemented.
- Ensure statutory inspection reports on scaffolding, excavations, lifting appliances, accidents etc. are completed as required.
- Set a personal example by conforming to company Health & Safety procedures and site rules.
- Providing regular feedback and reports on all activities as required.
- Ensure that adequate first aid stocks are maintained and that a trained first aider or appointed person is available on site.
- Record and report all accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Co-ordinate all activities on site in a safe manner and ensure all activities are produced in line with agreed construction programmes and costs.
- Record variations and measure thereof to all subcontract works.
- Attend and participate in training as required.
- Maintain all company administration procedures as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- SMSTS Qualification
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration