Assistant Site Manager
Due to further expansion we are now looking for an Assistant Site Manager to support the Site Manager in the progression, quality and innovation of Gleeson Homes. This requires the coordination of all information to allow the development to run through from initial conception to full completion. Endeavouring to ensure that all properties are completed within the site programme and budget whilst adhering to safe construction processes of NHBC and building regulations at all times.
Working in conjunction with the Site Manager responsibilities will include:-
- Understanding the company’s health and safety policy and ensure that it is implemented by all staff under your control.
- Understanding the health and safety requirements relating to operations under your control and ensure they are fully and correctly implemented in accordance with the appropriate risk assessments and/or method statements.
- Pre-plan operations in conjunction with the Build Manager and Site Manager to coordinate health and safety taking into account any special hazards or problems involved.
- Ensure that the health and safety plan is monitored and kept up to date.
- Ensure that adequate welfare facilities are established on site from the commencement to the completion of the contract.
- Control over both site staff and subcontractors, whilst liaising between head office and local authority departments.
- Actively encourage a philosophy of safety, progress, quality and innovation.
- Monitor the reports produced by the Regional Health and Safety Advisor to ensure that the recommendations they contain are implemented.
- Ensure statutory inspection reports on scaffolding, excavations, lifting appliances, accidents, etc. are completed as required.
- Set a personal example by conforming to company health and safety procedures and site rules.
- Providing regular feedback and reports on all activities as required.
- Ensure that adequate first aid stocks are maintained and that a trained first aider or appointed person is available on site.
- Record and report all accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Coordinate all activities on site in a safe manner and ensure all activities are produced in line with agreed construction programmes and costs.
- Record variations and measure thereof to all subcontract works.
- Attend and participate in training as required.
- Maintain all company administration procedures as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working within the housebuilding industry
- Previous experience within an Assistant Site Manager or Site Supervisor role is preferred
- SMSTS Qualification
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.