Gleeson Homes are recruiting an experienced Build Manager to support our continued growth. You will be directly responsible for the successful commencement and completion of each development within your assigned region.
In line with the approved feasibility and approved budget, working to both construction and sales schedules as well as ensuring compliance with and enforcement of all current health and safety legislation, NHBC requirements and building regulations.
- Assist in compiling data on potential sites to be purchased, including liaising with the Technical and Commercial Departments in relation to soils investigations, trial holes, and with Area Surveyor(s) in obtaining quotations for demolition, security, etc.
- Responsible for planning and programming the site in line with the approved feasibility and in accordance with the preliminary budgets and estimates. Approve staffing levels and site set-up requirements.
- Oversee and ensure that all staff directly under your control, including sub-contractors, work in accordance and comply with the Company Safety Policy.
- Prepare the Site Safety Plan, check all assessments are in place and regularly updated, ensure all matters relating to COSHH are in place and that all sub-contractors and suppliers comply with Construction Health & Safety requirements.
- In line with Gleeson Customer Care Policy work to resolve any customer related problems that arise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working within a high volume housebuilding company
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration