Gleeson Homes are looking for a Commercial Assistant to assist the Regional Commercial Team with the day to day running of the department.
To maximise profits through effective management of the supply and subcontract chain in accordance with the Commercial and Buying Procedures.
- To ensure that all materials are procured in line with budgetary requirements.
- Placing of all relevant orders in line with authorised build release information and within time parameters and programmes, ensuring full accordance with relevant drawings, specifications, site conditions etc.
- Monitoring of material budgets in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Measuring the performance of suppliers with regard to cost, quality and delivery, considering all site comments in the process.
- Attending periodic meetings to discuss company and regional commercial policy, to improve on value for money, efficiency and site wastage.
- Responsible for inputting data for budgets and monitoring costs as required.
- Monitor and report monthly all movement on product and subcontract prices.
- Communicating with sites with regards to delivery periods, call-offs, shortages, etc.
- Dealing with invoice queries and accounts related issues.
- Routine site visits for stock take and commercial audits.
- To carry out ad-hoc reconciliations of both materials and sub-contractors.
- To assist the Commercial Team to ensure that all contracts are run in line with budgetary and specification requirements.
- Preparation and issue of subcontract enquiries, procurement of quotes, carrying out analysis and negotiation of rates. Communication to include feedback of tender information to subcontractors.
- Registering and assisting with day works and variations.
- Distribution of drawings, schedules and general information to subcontractors.
- Measurement of quantities to aid budgetary compilation using computer software.
The Ideal Candidate
- Buying/Sub Contract experience, ideally gained in house building/construction industry
- Good knowledge of market rates
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Scheduling and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and develop with the business
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
In addition to our Head Office in Sheffield we manage regional operations from local offices in South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, East & West Yorkshire, Teesside, Tyne & Wear, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Northumberland & Cumbria. Part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies, we are currently expanding rapidly, opening areas offices at a rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration