Due to continual expansion and an ever growing commercial department Gleeson are looking for an experienced Estimating Manager to join our team. As Estimating Manager you will maintain the current land workbook with current data, audit land appraisals and ensure all technical information is priced correctly. Furthermore, you will develop and maintain a new land workbook that will be in line with the new valuation system and check and approve all new land viabilities.
- Take ownership of the development and delivery of the Land workbook
- Work closely with the Regional Managing Directors to ensure that land viabilities are issued for approval
- Maintain excellent working relationships with area office staff to drive all site targets and plans
- Consult with group directors on matters arising in area disciplines (commercial & technical)
- Work with the regional land & technical teams to ensure that all land packs are complete before issuing to group for approval
- Maintain and develop regional house build cost library to include details of all abnormal costs
The Ideal Candidate
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the house building industry (preferably with a high-volume house builder)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven industry experience of working in a growing a business
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.