As one of the fastest growing listed companies in South Yorkshire, MJ Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans. Listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, the business is also one of the fastest growing housebuilders in the UK and has a strong financial position.
The business operates across 2 main divisions, Gleeson Homes and Gleeson Strategic Land. Gleeson Homes specialises in low-cost house building, providing new homes to young people and low-income families in the North of England and the Midlands, helping to get first-time buyers onto the housing ladder. Gleeson Strategic Land specialises in land promotion, securing attractive residential planning consents on land mainly in the South of England, which ultimately helps to provide new homes in areas where housing need is high.
Gleeson Homes has experienced rapid growth over recent years and achieved 25% volume growth in the year to June 2019. The division is seeking an FP&A Analyst responsible for maintaining and developing profit and cashflow models and provide enhanced reporting to key stakeholders. This newly created role will work closely the growing senior finance team, and will include exposure to the Homes FD and CFO.
- Assisting the senior finance team, including Homes FD and CFO, with budgeting and forecasting profit and cashflow for the Homes Division
- Maintaining complex models supporting expected margins and selling prices on future unit completions
- Obtaining and incorporating the most up to date information from Sales, Commercial and Build teams
- Analysing cost variances and enhancing the understanding of business performance to share with key stakeholders
- Developing new reporting, utilising the COINS ERP system and identifying efficiencies in existing processes
- Other analysis as required by the senior finance team and the wider business
The Ideal Candidate
- A confident IT user with advanced Excel skills able to manage large and complex databases and an ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- An individual with previous exposure of budgeting and forecasting, ideally suited to a newly qualified or experienced part-qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA / ACCA / AAT)
- Strong analytical skills able to identify trends in data and share these with both financial and non-financial users
- A team player with strong communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships across the business
- Previous experience of working to tight timescales, particularly in a larger business or Plc environment, would be advantageous
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration