Gleeson Homes have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Apprentice to join our Head Office team in Sheffield. Your role will be to support the finance function at a divisional level by providing support to the cost controller and purchase ledger team. As Finance Apprentice you will also gain business experience through involvement in specific projects, job shadowing and interaction with the senior finance team.
- Control ledgers of up to 3 companies
- Processing and filing invoices, preparation of payment runs, and supplier statement reconciliations for the 3 companies
- Assisting other Cost Controllers where required with the registering of invoices, filing needs, etc.
- Other tasks as required
The Ideal Candidate
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to succeed in this role as you will be working with a number of internal and external stakeholders, as well as senior finance team members.
- An ability to work to deadlines, especially at month end and year end
- A keen eye for detail and a strong work ethic
- A confident IT user (especially Microsoft Excel).
- Most importantly – the right candidate will be highly motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Relevant training provided
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration