Gleeson Homes are looking for a labourer to join our team that will be responsible for carrying out all general duties as required by the Site Manager on a day to day basis.
The job role is mainly involved in servicing the needs of the development and responding to the instructions and requests of the Site Manager. Therefore, the job by nature is totally varied and tasks would range from assisting in unloading deliveries to cleaning up the site canteen and staff welfare facilities, assisting in clearing properties prior to occupation, keeping the site tidy, keeping materials correctly stored and secure in designated areas including site compounds.
- Responsible for carrying out all designated duties in a safe and responsible manner
- To advise the Site Manager when sub-contractors are leaving properties in an unacceptable condition following carrying out their own work and reporting on any damage to materials when being off-loaded.
- Be aware of all safety requirements and report back to the Site Manager should sub-contractors fail to wear the correct PPE or act irresponsibly regarding other basic Health & Safety requirements.
- From time to time, be required to undertake straightforward maintenance items in occupied properties and these should be undertaken in a clean, tidy, courteous and responsible manner
- Responsible for dealing with site security, both in respect of individual units and the overall site generally
- At all times comply with health and safety policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous labouring experience
- Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
- As and when necessary, attend any additional training requirements that are either required by statute or arranged by the company
- Flexible & adaptable
- Spot Bonus Scheme - to recognise exceptional contribution
- Paid overtime
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- All PPE issued by Gleesons
- Company Pension Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.