As Telehandler you will be responsible for ensuring that all materials, either stored in the site compounds or designated area, are transported to the workplace, in accordance with site requirements and in a safe and responsible fashion.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist in ensuring that the correct materials are provided at the right time to the right workplace in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the needs of the sub-contractors are handled efficiently. Regularly liaising with the Site Manager to confirm the work demands are met.
- Ensure that the plant under your control is properly serviced. Reporting to the Site Manager any repairs, breakdowns, incidents or deficiencies in the plant used.
- In the event the truck may not be required or breakdowns occur you will act as a General Site Labourer responding to the requirements of the Site Manager to undertake various duties for the benefit of the development.
- Report to the Site Manager any careless use of company materials by sub-contractors and any failure of sub-contractors to wear hard hats or act responsibly regarding other basic health & safety requirements.
- Monitor waste segregation on site and ensure any sub-contractors who do not comply with waste management are notified to the Site Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Certified Telehandler Driver with construction site experience
- Hold a current and valid Blue CPCS Card. Other card schemes may be acceptable, however these must be authorised by the Head of Health and Safety
- Ideally hold a current and valid Truss Placement and Training certificate. Training will be provided to assist in this procedure or to confirm and/or update existing experience
- When required, attend any additional training requirements that are either required by statute or arranged by the Company
- The role involves working at heights and the use of small hand tools, as directed by the Site Manager
- Paid overtime
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- All PPE issued by Gleesons
- Company Pension Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.