Graduate Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Gleeson Homes are recruiting for an Graduate Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist in the reporting of the financial status of our new build housing developments spread across the North of England via the valuation process.
- To ensure that all the regions are aware of sites requiring a valuation in the period and in accordance with the programme issued by the Commercial Director.
- To assist if necessary in the completion of site progress and stock take via visiting the relevant site.
- To ensure that the correct information is supplied by the regions to enable a valuation to be completed.
- Updating and preparing the valuation workbooks for valuations in the period.
- Input of period progress, provided by the regions, into the valuation workbook.
- Valuations of stock on site from the stock take and input into the valuation workbook.
- Importing period cost from COINS into the Excel valuation workbook.
- Coding up of materials accruals and entry into the valuation workbook.
- Full analysis of the variances in the period, making any cost to complete forecasts or savings as is required to complete the development.
- To provide analysis of all dayworks and variations for use by the management team.
- To issue the valuation once complete for approval by the regional team.
- To issue the valuation, once signed off by the regional, for approval of the Commercial Director.
- The updating of the sales values in the period for the plots completed to date.
- The preparation and issue of journal requests for approval and issue by the Senior Commercial Manager.
- To compile various reports for issue to region and board.
To ensure all the above is completed strictly in accordance to the timetable and that key dates are all met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Academically you will have completed, or be about to complete your Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying on course to achieve a 2:1 or above.
- A good understanding of budgeting preferred but not essential
- A strong analytical mind set
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel
- All levels considered
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration