Graduate Commercial Assistant
Gleeson Homes are looking for a Graduate Commercial Assistant to assist the Regional Commercial Team with the day to day running of the department.
This role is aimed at Graduate who has completed a degree in a field such as Construction Management, Quantity Surveying (or the like) and is looking for their first role in the sector.
To maximise profits through effective management of the supply and subcontract chain in accordance with the Commercial and Buying Procedures.
- To ensure that all materials are procured in line with budgetary requirements.
- Placing of all relevant orders in line with authorised build release information and within time parameters and programmes, ensuring full accordance with relevant drawings, specifications, site conditions etc.
- Monitoring of material budgets in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Measuring the performance of suppliers with regard to cost, quality and delivery, considering all site comments in the process.
- Attending periodic meetings to discuss company and regional commercial policy, to improve on value for money, efficiency and site wastage.
- Responsible for inputting data for budgets and monitoring costs as required.
- Monitor and report monthly all movement on product and subcontract prices.
- Communicating with sites with regards to delivery periods, call-offs, shortages, etc.
- Dealing with invoice queries and accounts related issues.
- Routine site visits for stock take and commercial audits.
- To carry out ad-hoc reconciliations of both materials and sub-contractors.
- To assist the Commercial Team to ensure that all contracts are run in line with budgetary and specification requirements.
- Preparation and issue of subcontract enquiries, procurement of quotes, carrying out analysis and negotiation of rates. Communication to include feedback of tender information to subcontractors.
- Registering and assisting with day works and variations.
- Distribution of drawings, schedules and general information to subcontractors.
- Measurement of quantities to aid budgetary compilation using computer software.
The Ideal Candidate
- Newly graduated from university having completed a degree in a relevant discipline
- Any experience working within a commercial department or a at housebuilding company is desirable
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Scheduling and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and develop with the business
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.