Gleeson Homes preferred method of groundworks is to utilise labour and plant contractors for plot work installations. The use of this method requires us to closely monitor both the works carried out against specification along with meticulous control of materials used to avoid misuse and excessive wastage.
Therefore we have a new role of Groundworks Supervisor that will be site based and include working closely with the regional commercial and build departments to oversee the groundworks on a maximum of three sites, ensuring works are carried out correctly and claimed accordingly, using the most appropriate materials.
- Under the supervision of the site manager oversee all site level ground work operations which may include reviewing variation claims arising from any Road and Sewers infrastructure installations.
- Overseeing weekly invoicing for groundworks to verify works claimed are complete and that claims are correct prior to being sent in to the regional surveyor for payment.
- To ensure groundworks on site are being carried out to Gleeson standard details, specification and statutory requirements.
- To identify and correct any bad practice.
- To assist the regional Technical Department to value engineer problem ground encountered to ensure the most economic, practicable solution is carried out when the need requires.
- Appropriate reporting of site issues through the relevant channels.
- Communication with the Buyer to ensure the correct material type and quantity of materials are used.
- To be the point of contact for the groundworker should any issues arise on site.
- Communicate with the regional surveyor with regard to claims and variations.
- To assist and maintain correct storage of materials and to minimise waste.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous groundworks experience required
- Previous commercial experience ideal
- Self-motivated and confident within your work
- The ability to conduct yourself professionally
- The ability to deal with dispute resolution in a professional manner
Candidates may be subjected to CBS checks
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.