As one of the fastest growing listed companies in South Yorkshire, MJ Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans. Listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, the business is also one of the fastest growing housebuilders in the UK and has a strong financial position.
The business operates across 2 main divisions, Gleeson Homes and Gleeson Strategic Land. Gleeson Homes specialises in low-cost house building, providing new homes to young people and low-income families in the North of England and the Midlands, helping to get first-time buyers onto the housing ladder. Gleeson Strategic Land specialises in land promotion, securing attractive residential planning consents on land mainly in the South of England, which ultimately helps to provide new homes in areas where housing need is high.
Due to continued rapid growth across the business, a new role has opened up for a Group Accountant. This role reports to the Senior Group Accountant and works closely with the Group Financial Controller as part of a highly skilled and professional Finance team. This key role will be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting for the Group.
- Monthly consolidation of the Group results
- Half year results consolidation and interim accounts reporting
- Statutory financial statements including Plc consolidated accounts and 7 trading subsidiaries (all IFRS)
- Consolidating Group forecasts and annual budget
- Providing accounting support to the operating divisions
- Liaising with external auditors on the annual audit process
- Liaising with tax advisors to ensure timely completion of tax returns and payments
- Assisting with managing the cash position of the Group through accurate tracking, forecasting and management of bank drawdowns and deposits
- Ad hoc projects / analysis as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant
- Would suit a first-time mover from practice into industry
- Ideally Big 4 / Top 10 trained
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- ‘Will do’ attitude, professional and ambitious team player with a strong work ethic
- Engaging and personable with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration