Head of Sales
Gleeson are looking for a passionate, respectful and collaborative Head of Sales to join our growing regional team. As Head of Sales you will have overall responsibility for reservations, exchanges, and legal completions making sure they are achieved in line with budgeted targets. Ensuring the opening of sales outlets and show homes on time whilst presented to the highest standard. Implementing and monitoring all policies and procedures and ensuring all relevant accurate marketing material is available and published.
Responsible for the Sales Teams commitment to the Gleeson Company Charter and our Customer First Values providing excellent levels of customer communication and support.
- Working to group process and procedures as set by the Group Sales Director, including utilising group support/standards of interior design, sales centre set up, IFA use, panel solicitors, Homes England, etc.
- Work to strict guidelines around our marketing standards, portals, brand, digital, website. In line with our Group Head of Marketing and the marketing team.
- Managing direct reports, including setting of sales targets, monitoring, and reviewing performance, on-going training, and development to ensure competency and adequate customer service.
- Providing support and guidance on transactions and conveyancing adhering to company policy. Dealing with escalated financial and legal matters. Ensuring target exchange dates are achieved to enable legal completion.
- Overseeing work of Sales Managers, monitoring and ensuring achievement of sales targets by site/month to achieve regional forecasts. Achieving the above by ensuring correct staffing levels, recruitment of competent sales executives, setting objectives/targets and by adjusting incentives as required within budget.
- Driving sales price and delivery of budgeted sales rate.
- Ensuring COINS compliance through the sales team and adhering to the Gleeson sales guidance, processes, and procedures.
- Dealing with complaints whilst ensuring consumer code compliance.
- Managing/overseeing conveyancing solicitors, monitoring their performance and dealing with issues as they arise.
- Managing financial advisors and nominated solicitors to ensure best attention and service.
- Working with land department and Group Sales Director approving site appraisals, house type mix and sales values/marketing reports.
- Monitoring customer complaints and communicating accordingly.
- Monitoring new home demonstrations and ensuring procedure and build quality in line with the Gleeson Quality Charter and Customer First.
- Attending marketing meetings, regional senior management team meetings and other relevant meetings as deemed necessary by the business, including monthly meetings with the Group Sales Director.
- Generating various reports for the Operations Director and Managing Director.
- Preparing annual regional sales overhead and marketing budgets.
- Conducting training sessions and sales meetings as required in line with group policy.
- Carrying out all the above whilst adhering to our company values.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Sales Management working within a high-volume housebuilder (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of the house buying process
- Experience and knowledge of sales activity
- Confidence and ability to converse with people at all levels
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
- Personable, well presented, and composed at all times
- Immaculate communication and presentation skills
- Strong people management skills
- Self-motivated, determined, and efficient
- Able to represent the Gleeson brand to the highest of standards at all times
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.