Health and Safety Advisor - Yorkshire North Midlands Region
Gleeson Homes & Regeneration have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team based at our Sheffield Head office to cover the Yorkshire & North Midlands Region which includes area offices of: Sheffield, Nottingham, Wakefield and Scunthorpe. Working within a well-established homebuilding company your responsibility will be to maintain regulatory and statutory Health and Safety compliance within the company and to ensure, through regular inspection, compliance with these policies.
Gleeson Developments Limited employs a team of Health and Safety professionals to provide professional assistance and guidance to support the business.
As Health & Safety Advisor you will be responsible for keeping the Company up to date with occupational Health and Safety: new and changing Health and Safety legislation, case law, and best practice.
- Advise on compliance with CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Assist and advise during the tender, planning, design and construction stages of contracts.
- Advise in the preparation, maintenance and review of Construction Phase Plans.
- Advise on the adequacy of risk assessments and safe methods of work as required when requested.
- Assist and advise in the assessment of the competency of subcontractors and their workforce when requested.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses.
- Monitor the effectiveness of arrangements for the management of health and safety through regular office and site inspections and audits.
- Stop any unsafe working practices that are observed and raise the matter with line management.
- Report monthly on progress and compliance.
- Reflect any changes in legislation health and safety standards within the operation of the Company Health and Safety Management System.
- Provide guidance to company directors, managers and employees at all levels on any safety issues and assist with finding solutions.
- Carry out or facilitate periodic health and safety audits of all Company sites and locations.
- Investigate serious incidents with regional managers and ensure relevant injuries and incidents are reported to HSE.
- Analyse the findings of incident investigations and associated trends to assist in the development of strategies to lead to continual improvement of health and safety performance.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with the HSE as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (essential) or aptitude/motivation to obtain this qualification.
- PTTLLS (desirable) or aptitude/motivation to obtain this qualification.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration