Gleeson Homes are looking for a labourer to join our team that will be responsible for carrying out all general duties as required by the Site Manager on a day to day basis.
The job role is mainly involved in servicing the needs of the development and responding to the instructions and requests of the Site Manager. Therefore, the job by nature is totally varied and tasks would range from assisting in unloading deliveries to cleaning up the site canteen and staff welfare facilities, assisting in clearing properties prior to occupation, keeping the site tidy, keeping materials correctly stored and secure in designated areas including site compounds.
- Responsible for carrying out all designated duties in a safe and responsible manner
- To advise the Site Manager when sub-contractors are leaving properties in an unacceptable condition following carrying out their own work and reporting on any damage to materials when being off-loaded.
- Be aware of all safety requirements and report back to the Site Manager should sub-contractors fail to wear the correct PPE or act irresponsibly regarding other basic Health & Safety requirements.
- From time to time, be required to undertake straightforward maintenance items in occupied properties and these should be undertaken in a clean, tidy, courteous and responsible manner
- Responsible for dealing with site security, both in respect of individual units and the overall site generally
- At all times comply with health and safety policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous labouring experience
- Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
- As and when necessary, attend any additional training requirements that are either required by statute or arranged by the company
- Flexible & adaptable
- Spot Bonus Scheme - to recognise exceptional contribution
- Paid overtime
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- All PPE issued by Gleesons
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Reasons to Join Gleeson
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration