Land Assistant - Graduate
As a well-established and recognisable brand in the house building sector, MJ Gleeson is a highly profitable organisation with a unique business model.
The business operates across 2 main divisions, Gleeson Homes and Gleeson Strategic Land. Gleeson Homes specialises in low-cost house building, offering new homes to low-income families in the North of England and Midlands. Gleeson Strategic Land specialises in land promotion by securing residential planning consents on land mainly in the South. The Group operates from 11 offices across England, with the Homes division contributing approximately two thirds of the Group’s operating profit, and Strategic Land contributing one third.
Due to continual expansion we are now looking for a Graduate Land Assistant to join our team in Fleet, Hampshire.
- Identification & securing control of sites in the South of England
- Managing and resolving issues that arise throughout the land ‘purchase’ process such as planning, legal or technical problems
- Identifying new off market opportunities whilst continuing to build a strong contact base
- Liaising with Vendors, Agents, Solicitors, Consultants and Planners
- Site Appraisal, Offer, Heads of Terms and Contract negotiation through to exchange / completion
- Sourcing and calculating comparable GDV values and reports
- Data input (to various sources)
- Populating letter templates (new sites)
- Coordinating site review process and recording progress through it (ensuring planning reports received, land reg titles reviewed, appropriate letter sent)
- Sourcing additional information for site searching process; i.e. Producing site maps, directed research tasks, spreadsheet management
- Assisting the land team in responding to landowners of potential sites, sending update letters, gathering additional information as required
Geographic Information System Support:-
- Drawing / inputting polygons (adding sites to the system)
- Updating action statuses (within the GIS)
- Producing task lists (from tables with in the GIS)
- Downloading identified Land Registry title documents (corresponding to verified polygons in the GIS)
- Updating data fields within the attribute table in the GIS (e.g. with LR Title info)
- Re-creating / re-drawing LPA HELAA / SHELAA information onto the GIS
- Consolidating information from various sources to the GIS
The Ideal Candidate
Academically you will have completed, or be about to complete your Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as Real Estate or Geography on course to achieve a 2:1 or above.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
About the Company
Gleeson Strategic Land are a specialist land promoter that enhances the value of land by securing mainly residential planning consents. We focus on sites in the South of England that are appealing to a wide range of developers.
Gleeson Strategic Land is a team of highly skilled planning, technical and land specialists who identify development opportunities and work with stakeholders to promote the land through the planning system. We have a long history of delivering value through securing planning consents that not only achieve best value but ultimately help to deliver attractive residential development in areas where housing shortage is often acute. We invest intelligently in our land portfolio and work closely with landowners, land agents, local authorities and communities to secure residential planning consents that are sustainable and sensitive to local needs.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration