Land Manager - Lincoln
As Land Manager you will be responsible for the acquisition of land and the securing of new sites for development that will meet or exceed Gleeson Developments regional forecast performance. You will see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites.
- To research and attend seminars, conferences and events to keep fully informed of the current and key issues affecting land acquisitions and its principles. These issues could include government and local planning agendas, design agendas, but are not fully inclusive.
- Agree HOTs and purchase land to ensure continuity of land supply to meet future forecasts.
- Provide detailed land bids that demonstrate the company’s requirement in respect of profitability that is met.
- Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids.
- Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions.
- Draw to the attention of the Group Land Director any issues which may affect existing or future obligations.
- Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments.
- Brief design teams, external consultants and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites:-
- Ensuring planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable.
- Negotiate on behalf of the company and in conjunction with the Group Land Director, planning agreements that meet the company’s requirements in respect of forecast profit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience as a Land Buyer in the housing development/construction industry (required)
- Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline
- Community involvement/public exhibitions
- Commercially astute
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Team player
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the north of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration