Managing Quantity Surveyor
Gleeson Homes are now recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to produce, manage and forecast build costs for allotted sites.
Procure all necessary subcontract trades and manage the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations.
- Production of site start budgets, prior to commencement of Superstructure House build.
- Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained and all subcontractor prequalification criteria have been satisfied.
- Manage the payment process for subcontractors and help the other members of the payments team to ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
- Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of Dayworks and applications for both labour only subcontractors.
- In accordance with the prescribed timetable, review and agree monthly site valuations, including cost to complete assessments using the approved system.
- Attendance at management team/department meetings at various locations which may be outside of the usual workplace.
- In conjunction with the Build Manager, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
- Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Group Commercial Director/Regional Director.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar house building role is essential
- A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
- Strong personal organisational skills.
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business.
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the north of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration