Due to current events we are creating a database of experienced Quantity Surveyors ready to recruit for this vacancy when business is back to normal. Please apply with your CV and we shall place your application on file ready to contact you in the near future.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the production, management and forecasting of build costs for allotted sites. Reporting to the Commercial Director, your role will be to procure all necessary subcontract trades whilst managing the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations.
- Production of site start budgets, prior to commencement of Superstructure House build.
- Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained and all subcontractor prequalification criteria has been supplied.
- Manage the payment process for subcontractors and help the other members of the payments team to ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
- Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of dayworks and applications for both labour only subcontractors.
- In accordance with the prescribed timetable review and agree monthly site valuations (including cost) to complete assessments using the approved system.
- Attendance at management team and department meetings at various locations which may be outside of the usual workplace.
- In conjunction with the Build Manager, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
- Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Commercial Director.
The Ideal Candidate
- In depth knowledge and experience within the Quantity Surveying field within a high volume housebuilding company
- A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
- Understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- Good knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.