Senior HR Advisor (Maternity Cover - 12 Months)
Gleeson specialises in new build affordable housing based in the North of England & The Midlands. Human Resources is a central, fast paced department supporting the valued talent, knowledge, and skills across the company – covering three divisions: North Eastern, North Western and Yorkshire & Midlands.
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective, professional and efficient divisional HR support to the relevant business unit. The HR department at Gleeson provides a crucial support to every people-related decision made through the entirety of the employment journey. Therefore, all processes and practices actioned within the team are followed and implemented accurately and in agreed time scales. In addition to this presence of HR Business Partner’s in the divisions across area offices, sales offices and sites is crucial to be a professional and approachable member of the team.
- To provide HR support in the form of operational advice and administrative processing, to all employees on key policies and procedures required within the employment relationship.
- Work with line management and HR Manager to resolve employee relations issues that may arise in accordance with HR policies and legislation.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers with the use of HR policies and procedures.
- Carry out key HR administration as required ensuring the smooth running of the department.
- Prepare written and verbal/video workshop communication for key HR matters when required within the business unit.
- Ensure accurate salary administration is processed and relevant deadlines are met.
- Ensure information is entered on the HR database (Iris) accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Work alongside the HR Assistant and payroll team to ensure all monthly and weekly starter/leaver/contract changes are processed effectively.
Recruitment & Selection
- Work closely with the internal recruitment team to provide support for the business unit recruitment needs.
- Organise and facilitate new starter process, from contracts to onboarding.
Training & Development
- Work with business unit and training manager to identify training needs and develop training plans accordingly.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about people and how HR can add value to the employee journey
- Collaborative, willing to work closely and flexibly to support the HR Function
- At least 3 years’ experience in a generalist HR Advisor role
- Graduate or part qualified CIPD or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with people at all levels in the business
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and effectively
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Company car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.