Senior Land Manager
To contribute to our expansion of our Midlands region we are looking for an experienced Senior Land Manager to work under our Land Director based in Nottingham. Although not essential it would be advantageous to have knowledge of land buying in the Lincolnshire and East Midlands area of our Midlands region.
This role could suite a Land Manager currently working for a PLC housebuilder who is looking for progression into a Senior Land Manager role.
As Land Manager you will be responsible for the acquisition of land and the securing of new sites for development that will meet or exceed Gleeson Homes regional forecast performance. You will see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites.
- To research and attend seminars, conferences and events to stay fully informed of the current and key issues affecting land acquisitions and its principles. These issues could include government and local planning agendas, design agendas, but are not fully inclusive.
- Agree HOTs and purchase land to ensure continuity of land supply to meet future forecasts.
- Provide detailed land bids that demonstrate the company’s requirement in respect of profitability that is met.
- Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids.
- Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions.
- Draw to the attention of the Group Land Director any issues which may affect existing or future obligations.
- Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments.
To brief design teams, external consultants, and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites:
- Ensure planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable.
- Negotiate on behalf of the company and in conjunction with the Land Director in planning agreements that meet the company’s requirements in respect of forecast profit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience as a Land Manager or Senior Land Manager within a high-volume housebuilding company
- Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline
- Community involvement and public exhibitions
- Commercially astute
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Team player
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.