Due to rapid expansion we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Site Manager to join our construction team to support the Build Manager on a new build housing development.
This is an exciting role within a rapidly expanding house building business. To be considered for this role you will have previous experience as a Site Manager working on high volume new build housing developments.
- Managing the development to maintain and deliver the build programme in accordance with budgets and forecasts. Ensuring that the final product is to Gleeson Homes standard
- Full responsibility and control of all site staff and sub-contractors including labour only groundworkers/contractors, ensuring that all employees comply with our Health and Safety standards
- Liaison with head office, NHBC and local authority departments
- Timely ordering of materials ensuring the build programme can be achieved
- Ensure all NHBC inspections are carried out as required
- Carry out hand over inspection of properties to the customers in accordance with our customer care procedures
- Complete as soon as practicably possible any customer care defects raised in conjunction with our customer care team
- Actively encourage a philosophy of safety, progress, quality and innovation
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experiences as a Site Manager working on high volume new build housing development. Must have extensive knowledge and experience of managing labour only groundworkers/contractors.
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent knowledge of construction build programmes
- Strong commercial awareness
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction processes
- Experience of successfully achieving customer service requirements
- Awareness of codes of practice that impact on Construction matters e.g. NHBC, Building Regs, etc.
Qualifications & Training:
- SMSTS Qualification
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.