Based at the regional office this role will be to support the Technical Department for the business including planning, surveying and technical. Throughout the 2 years of training you will be exposed to many aspects of the construction process of our new homes from conception to completion.
- Visiting potential sites, new start up sites and current sites to assist construction management processes, including assisting with solving any potential site construction and sales queries.
- Drawing and document management; including updating registers, printing and distributing to sites and internal departments.
- Administration duties including; creating word documents, spreadsheets, collating data, contacting utility companies and consultants, filing, working with technical drawings and general office duties.
- Assisting in the preparation of pre-start agendas and supporting information.
- Registering new developments with the Building Control Body.
- The process of applying for postal addresses for new developments.
- Involvement and liaison with external consultants, local authorities and utility companies.
- Assist with the tender process and analysis of new utility services.
- Working as part of a team.
- Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 5:00pm
- Friday - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- One day per week at a local College to obtain an Level 3 in Construction and the Built Environment
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a minimum Grade C GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- Be prepared to travel to the office and development sites
- Experience in using AutoCAD is preferred although not required as training will be provided
Relevant training provided
- Relevant training provided
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration