Gleeson are recruiting a Technical Apprentice to join our passionate, collaborative and respectful team. Based at the regional office this role will be to support the Technical Department for the business including planning, surveying and technical. Throughout the 2 years of training you will be exposed to many aspects of the construction process of our new homes from conception to completion.
- Visiting potential sites, new start up sites and current sites to assist construction management processes, including assisting with solving any potential site construction and sales queries.
- Drawing and document management; including updating registers, printing and distributing to sites and internal departments.
- Administration duties including; creating word documents, spreadsheets, collating data, contacting utility companies and consultants, filing, working with technical drawings and general office duties.
- Assisting in the preparation of pre-start agendas and supporting information.
- Registering new developments with the Building Control Body.
- The process of applying for postal addresses for new developments.
- Involvement and liaison with external consultants, local authorities and utility companies.
- Assist with the tender process and analysis of new utility services.
- Working as part of a team.
- Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 5:00pm
- Friday - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- One day per week at a local College to obtain an Level 3 in Construction and the Built Environment
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a minimum Grade C GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- Be prepared to travel to the office and development sites
- Experience in using AutoCAD is preferred although not required as training will be provided
- Access to own transportation (required)
- Relevant training provided
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.