A Technical Assistant is required to assist the Regional Technical Manager and Area Technical Managers with the delivery of the technical aspects of residential projects from initial conception through to development completion, and assist in maintaining consistency in approach to production of designs and technical information in accordance with Group guidance and policy.
- Provide technical support to the Regional Technical Manager and Technical Managers.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Technical Apprentices.
- Develop a training program for the Technical Apprentices and assist in implementing the training.
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager in the production of detailed design programmes which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Assist the Regional and Area Technical Manager with the management of consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager in the audit and control processes to ensure a consistent approach to the Gleeson methods of work.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance and on schedule with the programme.
- Develop awareness of the commercial implications relating to planning and architectural design; civil and structural engineering design; geotechnical and ground remediation strategies; statutory services (new supplies and diversions).
- Have the ability to technically engage with and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Assist with Building Regulations and warranty applications, ensuring discharge of conditions to allow construction progress.
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors as necessary in order to achieve building regulations, warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge.
- Coordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for.
- Help monitor the bond facility identifying possible reductions and cancellations.
- Provide support to the Regional Technical Manager in applying for and attaining any stopping up and abandonment of existing site infrastructure (highways and drainage).
- Assist in the production and coordination of transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs in a timely manner.
- Assist with the liaison with Solicitors and Sales Department to allow release of contracts at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager in the tender for, set up and establishment of Estate Management Companies using and implementing the group procedure.
- Assist the Regional Technical Managers and area Technical Managers in liaising with statutory undertakers to establish supply provision and diversion requirements, obtain competitive quotations for the works and negotiate best value for the company.
- Assist the Regional Technical Manager in providing technical support and solutions through the construction stage and assist in the implementation of the solution.
- During the development process receive constructive feedback from the build and sales departments and subject to a feasibility study effectively implement amendments.
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering, preferably both
- Knowledge of the house building industry gained preferably working within a house building company
- Educated to ONC/OND level, minimum or currently studying at HNC level
- Possess good communication skills
- A broad technical awareness
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration