Gleeson requires a Technical Assistant to assist the Group Technical Manager with the delivery of the technical aspects of residential projects from initial conception through to development completion, and assist in maintaining consistency in approach to production of designs and technical information in accordance with Group guidance and policy.
- Maintain Standard House types and Details under supervision of Design Manager
- Assist with the management of external consultants
- Ensure a consistent approach to the Gleeson methods of work
- Ensure all design information is issued to the relevant stakeholders
- Develop awareness of the commercial implications relating to planning and architectural design, civil and structural engineering design
- Develop the ability to technically engage with and direct consultants responsible for the above
- Maintain records of Type approval with NHBC, LABC and SBD
- Liaise with internal departments, consultants, suppliers, and subcontractors as required
- Coordinate Sales and Marketing literature for review
- Develop awareness of group procedure and implement
- Obtain competitive quotations as requested
- Actively seek constructive feedback from the build and sales departments and assist in effectively implementing amendments
- Provide guidance to the Technical Apprentices
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a good technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both)
- Knowledge of the house building industry gained working within a house building company
- Educated to ONC/OND level, minimum or currently studying at HNC level
- Possess good communication skills
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.