The Technical Department within the Tees Valley region is expanding and evolving to meet the demands of our growing company. We have a new and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join the team here in the region to manage the delivery of residential projects from initial conception through to the development completion.
- Provide technical support to the land/development team to assist during feasibility studies.
- Identify the need for external consultants (Planning, Architect, Engineers, etc.) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
- Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning & architectural design; civil & structural engineering design; geotechnical & ground remediation strategies; statutory services - new supplies & diversions.
- Have the ability to technically engage with, and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Oversee and control planning applications to the Local Authority and deal with any other local committees, parish councils, etc.
- Interact with statutory bodies, Local Authorities and external Consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of Planning Conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Control the submission of Building Regulations and warranty applications.
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary in order to achieve Building Regulations and warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge.
- Provide sales team with drawing\specification information and support, to ensure that sales provide correct literature.
- Co-ordinate Transfer Plans, Management Plans for Estate Sales Packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Tender for, set up and establish on site management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
- Co-ordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements, Section 38, 104, 278 etc and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for.
- Be responsible for the above and manage the process through to a satisfactory completion, i.e., adoption of the works.
- Apply for and attain any stopping up/abandonment of existing site infrastructure (highways and drainage).
- Apply for and attain new site postal addresses.
- Liaise with statutory undertakers to establish supply provision and diversion requirements, obtain competitive quotations for the works and negotiate best value for the company.
- Maintain procedures for drawing information release. Update drawing and file records.
- Provide technical support and solutions through the construction stage on a regular pro-active basis.
- Chair on site monthly Project Meetings to resolve technical issues\requirements promptly.
- Chair and lead regular design team meetings with the professional team.
- During the development process receive constructive feedback from the build and sales departments and subject to a feasibility study effectively implement amendments.
- Be part of the in house planning supervisory team and be proactive in promoting health and safety.
- Assist in gathering information and As-Built records during the course of a project in order that the Health and Safety File and purchaser information packs are ready on completion.
- Carry out the above duties in a coherent professional manner.
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering, preferably both. Candidates from a project management/QS background would also be considered subject to relevant experience·
- Knowledge of the house building industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder·
- Educated to HNC/HND level, minimum·
- Possess strong negotiation skills·
- A Broad technical understanding
- Strong people management skills
- An understanding/user of AutoCAD id desirable but not essential
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.