Technical Manager - Scunthorpe
Gleeson Homes are recruiting for a Technical Manager to manage the delivery of residential new build projects from initial conception through to the development completion.
- Provide technical support to the land and development teams to assist during feasibility studies.
- Identify the need for external consultants (Planning, Architect, Engineers etc) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
- Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning and architectural design; civil and structural engineering design; geotechnical and ground remediation strategies; statutory services (new suppliers and diversions).
- Technically engage with and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Interact with statutory bodies, local authorities and external consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of planning conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Control the submission of building regulations and warranty applications.
- Coordinate transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Tender for, set up and establish on site management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering, preferably both
- Knowledge of the house building industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder
- Educated to HNC/HND level, minimum
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
- A broad technical understanding
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration