Gleeson have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our established East Yorkshire team based within our growing Scunthorpe office. As a key member of the team you will play an integral part in the continuing success of this region.
- Provide technical support to the land and development teams to assist during feasibility studies.
- Procure road and sewer designs, external works, private drainage, and, FFL’s in line with a brief produced by you.
- Review and value engineer the infrastructure designs.
- Identify new external consultants to supplement the current panel, agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Procure foundation schedules in line with the geotechnical reports ensuring the most cost effective solutions are identified.
- Procure remediation strategies taking into consideration the geotechnical report, infrastructure requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Coordination of adoption agreements for roads and sewers in a timely manner.
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical/construction problems.
- Interact with statutory bodies, local authorities and external consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of planning conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Control the submission of building regulations and warranty applications.
- Coordinate transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Appointment of management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both)
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder
- Educated to HNC/HND level in a construction related qualification
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
- A broad technical understanding
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.