We are looking for a thorough Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our new build homes across our Yorkshire & The Midlands region. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as joinery, painting, plastering, filling, etc.
A Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines.
- To ensure the completion of all outstanding remedial works to a high-quality standard whilst ensuring Health & Safety is number one priority
- To complete remedial repairs in line with NHBC standards and guidelines
- To ensure all relevant paperwork is completed within appropriate timescales
- To remain completely professional and an ambassador of Gleeson, at all times
- To keep check of van stock
- To ensure company van is cleaned, always maintained, and kept tidy
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as a maintenance technician in construction/housing
- Experience with joinery, plastering, filling, mastic, painting, etc. is essential
- Strong time management
- Excellent customer service skills, honest and trustworthy
- Attention to detail whilst remaining a clean and tidy workstation
- Ability and knowledge with all tools and materials
- Well organised with ability to problem solve
- Comfortable with mobile technology
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Gleeson company van & fuel card provided
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.