As Telehandler you will be responsible for ensuring that all materials, either stored in the site compounds or designated area, are transported to the workplace, in accordance with site requirements and in a safe and responsible fashion.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist in ensuring that the correct materials are provided at the right time to the right workplace in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the needs of the sub-contractors are handled efficiently. Regularly liaising with the Site Manager to confirm the work demands are met.
- Ensure that the plant under your control is properly serviced. Reporting to the Site Manager any repairs, breakdowns, incidents or deficiencies in the plant used.
- In the event the truck may not be required or breakdowns occur you will act as a General Site Labourer responding to the requirements of the Site Manager to undertake various duties for the benefit of the development.
- Report to the Site Manager any careless use of company materials by sub-contractors and any failure of sub-contractors to wear hard hats or act responsibly regarding other basic health & safety requirements.
- Monitor waste segregation on site and ensure any sub-contractors who do not comply with waste management are notified to the Site Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Certified Telehandler Driver with construction site experience
- Hold a current and valid Blue CPCS Card. Other card schemes may be acceptable, however these must be authorised by the Head of Health and Safety
- Ideally hold a current and valid Truss Placement and Training certificate. Training will be provided to assist in this procedure or to confirm and/or update existing experience
- When required, attend any additional training requirements that are either required by statute or arranged by the Company
- The role involves working at heights and the use of small hand tools, as directed by the Site Manager
- Paid overtime
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- All PPE issued by Gleesons
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration