Trainee H&S Advisor
Gleeson have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join our growing H&S team and develop a career in health and safety. During your time as a trainee, you will undergo specific health and safety related training with the aim of progressing to a competent H&S Advisor and beyond. Your role will involve working collaboratively with the Divisional H&S Manager to support them in the day-to-day management of the H&S function across the Division.
Please note this vacancy is for one Trainee H&S Advisor to cover our North West Division of Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cumbria.
- Assist with the maintenance, and update of all relevant H&S department administrative duties
- Help monitor the implementation of safe systems of work on site
- Participate and assist in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Carry out site, sales and office H&S inspections as directed
- Assist with the roll out and implementation of H&S initiatives
- Assist with the H&S set up arrangements for new sites
- Assist with the H&S induction of new personnel
- Undertake ad-hoc Group tasks as directed by the Group Head of H&S
- Champion our HomeSafe brand across the Division
The trainee H&S Advisor will be fully supported by the Divisional H&S Manager and Head of H&S who will provide guidance, mentoring and training to support their development.
The Ideal Candidate
A candidate who has an interest in Health and Safety and is willing to learn and develop to become a fully qualified and competent H&S professional.
- Previous experience working in a Health and Safety department within a similar role (advantageous)
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- A confident IT user with strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills and an ability to pick up new IT systems quickly (essential)
- Attention to detail, ensuring that work is accurate and completed
- A team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
- The confidence to engage with people and tackle problems as and when they arise
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Working towards / have completed a NEBOSH Health and Safety Qualification (desirable)
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.