Gleeson Homes are recruiting a Valuation Surveyor to assist in the reporting of the financial status of our new build developments spread across our operating regions via the valuation process.
- Ensure that all the regions are aware of sites requiring a valuation in the period and in accordance with the programme issued by the Valuation Manager.
- Assist were necessary in the completion of a site progress and stock take on site if regions require any assistance.
- Ensure that the correct information is supplied by the regions to enable a valuation to be completed.
- Updating and preparation of the valuation workbooks for the valuations in the period.
- Input of period progress, provided by the regions, into the valuation workbook.
- Valuations of stock on site from the stock take and input into the valuation workbook.
- Importing period cost from COINS into the Excel valuation workbook.
- The coding up of materials accruals and entry into the valuation workbook.
- The full analysis of the variances in the period, making any cost to complete forecasts or savings as is required to complete the development.
- Provide analysis of all dayworks and variations for use by the management team.
- Visit the regional offices to review the valuations and answers any queries raised in the valuation process.
- Issue the valuation once complete for approval by the regional team.
- Issue the valuation, once signed off by the regional Quantity Surveyor, for approval of the higher management team.
- Updating of the sales values in the period for the actual plots completed to date.
- Preparation and issue of journal requests for approval and issue by the Valuation Manager
- Compile various reports for issue to region and board.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a high volume housebuilding company (preferred)
- Previous experience within an estimating role
- A good understanding of budgeting
- A strong analytical mind set
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel
- All levels considered
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.