Gleeson Homes are recruiting a Valuation Surveyor to assist in the reporting of the financial status of our new build developments spread across our operating regions via the valuation process.
- Ensure that all the regions are aware of sites requiring a valuation in the period and in accordance with the programme issued by the Valuation Manager.
- Assist were necessary in the completion of a site progress and stock take on site if regions require any assistance.
- Ensure that the correct information is supplied by the regions to enable a valuation to be completed.
- Updating and preparation of the valuation workbooks for the valuations in the period.
- Input of period progress, provided by the regions, into the valuation workbook.
- Valuations of stock on site from the stock take and input into the valuation workbook.
- Importing period cost from COINS into the Excel valuation workbook.
- The coding up of materials accruals and entry into the valuation workbook.
- The full analysis of the variances in the period, making any cost to complete forecasts or savings as is required to complete the development.
- Provide analysis of all dayworks and variations for use by the management team.
- Visit the regional offices to review the valuations and answers any queries raised in the valuation process.
- Issue the valuation once complete for approval by the regional team.
- Issue the valuation, once signed off by the regional Quantity Surveyor, for approval of the higher management team.
- Updating of the sales values in the period for the actual plots completed to date.
- Preparation and issue of journal requests for approval and issue by the Valuation Manager
- Compile various reports for issue to region and board.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a high volume housebuilding company (preferred)
- Previous experience within an estimating role
- A good understanding of budgeting
- A strong analytical mind set
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel
- All levels considered
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration