Due to continual growth Gleeson Homes are now looking for an FP&A Assistant to work within our Homes Division. This is a newly created role reporting directly to the FP&A Manager and will also work closely alongside the existing finance team and other functional departments across the division, particularly Commercial and Sales. Under the direction of the FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining budgeting and forecasting models supporting growth in the Division and deal with a variety of finance related queries from the wider business.
- Assisting the FP&A Manager and Homes FD with budgeting and forecasting profit and cashflow for the Homes Division
- Maintaining models supporting expected margins and selling prices on future unit completions utilising the most up to date information from Sales and Commercial teams
- Analysing cost variances incurred and enhancing the understanding of business performance to share with key stakeholders
- Working with the FP&A Manager to develop new reporting, utilising the COINS ERP System and identifying efficiencies in existing processes
- Ad-hoc analysis as required by the FP&A Manager, Homes FD, CFO and wider business
The Ideal Candidate
- A confident IT user with advanced excel skills able to manage large and complex databases and an ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- An individual with some previous exposure of budgeting and forecasting, ideally suited to a part-qualified accountant (e.g.. CIMA/ACCA/AAT)
- Strong analytical skills able to identify trends in data and share these with both financial and non-financial users
- A team player with strong communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships across the business
- Previous experience of working to tight timescales, particularly in a larger business or Plc environment, would be advantageous
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low cost homes on brownfield sites across the North of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building in excess of 1,000 houses per year is expanding in a rapid and controlled manner throughout the North of England and The Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one per year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration