Regional Technical Manager
Gleeson Homes are now recruiting for a Regional Technical Manager, based in our Sheffield Head Office, who will be required to manage the delivery of the technical aspects of residential projects from initial conception through to the development completion.
- Provide technical support to the land/development team to assist during feasibility studies
- Manage the early production and coordination of Technical information in line with programme.
- Target key activities to be undertaken by the Area TMs to achieve Pre Start ready within two weeks of Planning Decision Notice being received.
- Coordination of Area Technical Mangers in the appointment of external consultants (Planning, Architect, Engineers etc) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants where necessary
- Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning & architectural design; civil & structural engineering design; geotechnical & ground remediation strategies; statutory services - new supplies & diversions.
- Liaise with Planning Authorities alongside Land Department/ Area TM to aid the reduction of planning conditions.
- Interact with statutory bodies, Local Authorities and external Consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of Planning Conditions within an agreed time frame
The Ideal Candidate
The role requires a strong technical knowledge base.
· Ideally from a technical/engineering design background.
· Knowledge of the house building industry, preferably with a high volume house builder.
· Educated to HNC/HND level, minimum
· Possess strong negotiation skills
· A Broad technical understanding
· Strong people management skills
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleesons
About the Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the north of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.
Gleeson Homes and Regeneration