The Technical Department within the Midlands Area Office is expanding and evolving to meet the demands of our growing company. We have a new and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join the team here in the region to support the Technical Manager/Director in the delivery of their regional budget.
- Provide technical support to the Regional Technical Director/Manager
- Mentor and provide guidance and training to the office Technical Apprentices
- Assist the Technical Managers in the production of detailed design programmes which identifies key dates and a critical path
- Assist the Technical Manager with the management of consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance and on schedule with the programme
- Develop awareness of the commercial implications relating to planning and architectural design; civil and structural engineering design; geotechnical and ground remediation strategies; statutory services (new supplies and diversions)
- Have the ability to technically engage with and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Registration of developments for building regulations and warranty, ensuring discharge of conditions to allow construction progress
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors as necessary in order to achieve building regulations, warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge
- Coordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for
- Help monitor the NHBC bond facility identifying possible reductions and cancellations.
- Provide support to the Regional Technical Manager in applying for and attaining any stopping up and abandonment of existing site infrastructure (highways and drainage)
- Production and coordination of transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs in a timely manner
- Liaison with Solicitors and Sales Department to allow release of contracts at the earliest opportunity
- Assist the Technical Manager in the tender for, set up and establishment of Estate Management Companies using and implementing the group procedure
- Liaising with statutory undertakers to establish supply provision and diversion requirements, obtain competitive quotations for the works and negotiate best value for the company
- Assist the Technical Manager in providing technical support and solutions through the construction stage and assist in the implementation of the solution
- During the development process receive constructive feedback from the build and sales departments and subject to a feasibility study effectively implement amendments
The Ideal Candidate
- The role requires a good residential knowledge ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or engineering (preferably both)
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably working within a housebuilding company
- Educated to ONC/OND level minimum or currently studying at HNC level in a construction related qualification
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Possess good communication skills
- A broad technical awareness
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
Gleeson is the best housebuilder in the UK, we are changing lives by building affordable, high quality homes where they are needed for the people who need them the most. At £130k our average selling price is half that of other housebuilders and this is what sets Gleeson out from the rest. We achieve this by working collaboratively, employing passionate individuals and are respectful to all our employees, customers and subcontractors.
Gleeson is a listed PLC valued at over £0.5 billion with a share price growing 14% pa over the last five years and is the most highly rated housebuilder on the stock market. Gleeson is a highly profitable business with ambitious growth plans and is poised to continue growing at a rapid pace. Dynamically led by the strongest management team in the sector Gleeson are delivering high margins, higher growth and have the cash resources to continue growing. To support this growth we are looking for ambitious, results driven individuals with a desire for progression to join our ever expanding team.
As an employee of Gleeson you will not just be an employee but a member of the Gleeson family, a collaborative team that treats each other with respect. Here at Gleeson we are passionate about developing and supporting our employees to work to the best of their potential and encourage progression from within.